Cystic acne is a very common kind of acne in the recent days. Acne can of many different types and it varies very in accordance with the type of skin. However, the cystic acne is considered to be one of the most severe and advanced forms of acne and occurs mainly in the oily skin.
The cystic acne occurs as a kind of sac which contains in it a liquid substance. This substance is nothing but bacteria, cells of the dead skin and the white blood cells. At times, this kind of acne is quite painful because it gets inflamed through the multiple layers of skin. This form of acne not only affects the wonderful skin but at the same time also attacks the tissues that are within the skin.
Being one of the most advanced forms of acne, it is always essential to get a proper treatment for the cystic acne as early as possible. There are several different treatment options for this kind of acne. Here are few of those:
– Being a sufferer, you should identify the kind of acne and accordingly get the appropriate treatment done. There are three ways by means of which you can identify the level of acne-
1. In the initial stages, there would be whiteheads and blackheads.
2. The second stage of acne may proceed as pimples
3. The last stage is the stage of the cysts
– You should visit a dermatologist who can prescribe you an accutane. It can help to stop the blackhead and the whitehead to form thereby reducing the amount of oil in your skin. This is however, a conventional form of treatment but at times is still considered to be effective.
– Oral antibiotics are suggested at times for the patient suffering from the third stage of acne. However, this should be taken strictly only after a prescription from a doctor. When the antibiotics are taken, they strongly attack the bacteria that are present from within and inevitably help in reducing the inflammation.
– The female contraceptives that are taken orally are very well known to treat the problem of cyst. The contraceptives help in controlling the high level of sebaceous fluids that are released by the sebaceous glands which is also a reason because of which cystic acne occurs.
– The corticosteroid injections are also considered to be helpful for the treatment of the cystic acne. However, the injection has to be injected in a very delicious manner and therefore it should be handled by an expert medical professional. When the injections are injected, no scars are left over on the skin.
– There are holistic treatment options for cystic acne as well and this kind of treatment aims at treating the body as a whole and cures the acne deeply from within. It also includes changes in your diet which you should properly take care of.
Therefore, if you are suffering from cystic acne, you should go for the treatment immediately to get effective results.
Source by Nora Gwilt